Weaver Council Area's State Marriage Regulations

Marriage laws vary by state.  While the Covenant of the Goddess does ordain ministers, in most states, further registration may be required.  The relevant regulations for Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York State follow.  You may also want to visit Witches Wed, Massachusetts Declaration of Religious Support for the Freedom of Same Gender Couples to Marry,  and Marriage Laws--Organized by State.

Connecticut- All ordained or licensed clergymen belonging to this state or any other state may perform marriages as long as they continue in the work of the ministry. Marriage license must be completed by the minister and returned to the city or town clerk.  For questions see the city or town clerk.

Massachusetts- Pagan and Wiccan Ministers who live in Massachusetts must currently register with the state in order to be recognized as able to perform legal marriages in this state.  To register, we are required to send the Secretary of the Commonwealth:

- A copy of his/her ordination papers.  If ordination is not applicable, a license or similar certificate issued by the religious organization will be accepted.
- A letter of good standing from the leader of the religious organization.
- A general description or outline of the ceremony that you will be using when solemnizing marriages.
Information should be mailed to the following address:
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Commissions Section
Room 1719
One Ashburton Place

New York- Coming Soon.

Vermont- Coming Soon.